Well, ladies and gents, Stacey's Pop Culture Parlour Live for Operation Smile has been and gone! Seems a bit like a dream at the moment (that may be because I've only had about 1.5hrs sleep in the last 32hrs or so...), but I thought whilst everything was fresh in my head I'd hop on here and say some very much deserved thank you's.
Firstly though, the whole shebang is now uploaded to my Mixlr showreel, so if you missed anything you can pop over here http://mixlr.com/spcp-live/showreel/spcp-lives-mixlr-6/ and check out the absolute mad brilliance that was the whole show. Not sure why it's showing as being 23hrs 59mins, as we actually ran over a bit; I can only assume the feed must've gone a bit nuts somewhere?! Anyhoo, if you can't be bothered to sift through all that, I will also be editing smaller episodes full of the choice nuggets and releasing them over the next month, so keep your eyes peeled for those!
Right, well, what can I say about the show? It was downright effin' brilliant, is what. I was incredibly nervous to start it, as I was afraid the technology would fail me, or that I'd fudge up my time difference calculations, or other such daft things. However, once we got cracking, it all went absolutely swimmingly! Everything worked as it should, no time differences were squiffy and much fun was had. All of the guests were on time and brilliant, and although Jenni and I hit a bit of a tiredness wall around 2am(ish), we powered through and made it up to 9am this morning. It was a right fabulous time; conversation went from comics to cakes, medieval garb to movies, poo-farting to priesthood and much, much more. Thoroughly fun and enjoyable, and to top it all off, I sang Yakko's World live without the lyrics (with fewer mistakes than I'd envisioned), got a bit emotional when we beat our donation target, and generally had a wonderful time.
I would like to extend my honest and heartfelt thanks to so many people;
- Jenni, for coming on this crazy rollercoaster with me, staying awake, keeping me company, covering my toilet trips and being an excellent co-host. I couldn't have done this on my own, and your support and friendship is massively appreciated.
- All of my guests, I hope you realise just how much it means to me that you took time from your day to join my little fundraiser and make it the varied, super funny, crazy enjoyable show it was. You were all fantastic, and I like to think I made some new friends whilst laughing and joking with old buddies, and I hope to speak to you all again soon, either on future episodes or in person at cons and whatnot. I love you all for your help!
- Everyone who tuned in, thank you for giving this crazy experiment in fundraising a chance. I was nervous that the show wouldn't pull in any listeners or dosh for the charity, and I was genuinely overwhelmed by the largley positive repsonse to the show.
- Everyone who donated, thank you so much! I wasn't putting it on when I got teary towards the end there; my biggest fear for the show was not pulling in the dough for Operation Smile, and you all need to know just how much I appreciate every single donation, whatever it's size. You've helped change a lot of children's lives today and for that I can never thank you enough.
- To all who Tweeted using the hashtag #SPCPLive, RT'd links and pages, shared and liked links, photos and statuses on Facebook and sent encouraging messages via various social media; thank you so much! To know that there were people listening out there, rooting for Jenni and I and supporting us every step of the way, even at stupid o'clock in the morning, was overwhelming and very touching.
- Mom, thank you for the cakes and champers!
I'd better go now because I'm getting all emotional again (apparently lack of sleep makes me really sappy; who knew?!) but before I do, here's that Just Giving link again www.justgiving.com/SPCPLive The page will stay open for a couple of months, I think, so if you can't afford to give til payday, but want to, you still can!
Thanks again. You're all stars.